Covid-19 response information
COVID-19 Response Information
Limited Public Service
The Library is currently operating under Phase 2 of its Limited Service Plan. This phase will be in effect until further notice. Approved by the Library’s Board of Trustees, these measures are put in place to protect the health and safety of our patrons and staff.
Access to Library Branches
- A limited number of patrons are welcome in all of our branches. The number allowed is based on the branch’s size, so check with the branch’s staff for these limits.
- Patrons have a 30-minute limit for browsing and a 30-minute limit for computer use.
- Face coverings are mandatory in the Benton, Scott City and Oran branches.
- Face masks and other PPE are requested to be worn at our Jackson, Perryville and Altenburg branches.
- The face coverings guidelines apply to all patrons and staff over the age of 9. Patrons age 3 to 9 are encouraged to wear face coverings. Those who have a medical condition or trouble breathing or are hearing impaired are exempt from this policy.
Additional Protective Measures
- Hand sanitizer and gloves are available at all our branches.
- Staff and patrons should remain six feet apart at all times.
- Library branch hours have been adjusted to allow staff to clean high traffic areas at the end of the day. Please see the Locations page for your branch’s hours.
Adjustments to Library Services
- Curbside pick-up continues to be available at all branches. Call or email your branch or place materials on hold online through our website or through the Missouri Evergreen mobile app (available in your app store).
- Meeting rooms and programs which meet in-person are unavailable until further notice.
- Seating is limited to computer stations
- Public restrooms are not available.
Jackson Main Library
Scott City Branch
For more information on COVID-19 prevention and tracking:
globalepidemics.org tracking site
Show Me Strong website
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Cape Girardeau County Health Department
Perry County Health Department
Scott County Health Department