Freegal is a downloadable music service, like iTunes, available for free to Riverside Regional Library card holders. All you need to logon is your RRL library card number which gives you access to millions of songs - in more than 100 genres of music - from thousands of labels (including the entire Sony Music Entertainment catalog).
No special software is needed to use the service, and there are no digital rights management restrictions...so you can transfer and play the songs on any MP3 compatible device.The songs are yours to keep!
- First, be sure you have entered the entire 14-digit library card number (with no spaces). If you have done this and are still unable to log in, please stop by any service desk or call 573-243-8141 for help.
- You may download up to three songs per week. Each Sunday at midnight, your counter is set back to zero. After that time, you can download three more songs. If you do not download songs during a particualr week, those unused downloads DO NOT roll-over to the next week.
- At the top of the Freegal site is your download counter. If it says 1/3, for instance, you have 3 downloads for the week and you have used up 1.
- When you've selected a song, click on the "Download Now" link next to your chosen song. At the prompt, select "Save" and choose where you want to save the song.
- Songs you have recently downloaded remain in the "Recent Downloads" tab in your account for two weeks and may be downloaded up to 2 additional times within that two week period.
- For iPod/iPad/iPod Touch. You can download the files to your desktop or your music folder and import the song into iTunes by either dragging the song into the window or importing it from the menu. The next time you sync up, you will see that song in your music library on your iPod/iPad/iPod Touch and it will stay there as long as the song remains in iTunes on your computer.
- iTunes App Store
- Android MarketPlace